Cypress School is located northwest of Elkwater,
Alberta in the Cypress Hills. It opened in 1900
and closed in 1958; a long run for a country school.
It was in School District Number 542.
In the foreground of the last two photographs, the
concrete water well casing is shown on the left and
what remains of the teacherage foundation is to the
The Baptist Freedom Settlers Cemetery is only a few
miles northeast of the school:
Photographed on February 13, 2017 (No. 1), March 1,
2017 (Nos. 2-4) and May 11, 2017 (Nos. 5-7).